Sunday, January 27, 2008

1.27 - Jane Austen Books

Since it's become a "tradition" (thanks to PBS) to blog about Jane Austen every Sunday evening (or Monday morning), and , on account of that and other past posts, I even created a Jane Austen label in my other blog, I took these photos for "today's" post (of course written on 1/31).

I feel a bit ashamed to admit that I had the courage to shell over 40 bucks (plus shipping) to that book club thing for these books just because they were pretty. I didn't even like (more like hate) the "vintage" illustrations, but I guess now I've gotten used to them.And I still think that the books are pretty (although the photo below is not very good).This one is a bit better:
P.S. Don't you dare tell me that you love the "vintage" striped carpet. I hate it. It'll be removed. End of story. ;) (I see your comment coming, Susan, I do).

3 comments:

Tracy said...

That's CARPET?

Oh dear. Where is it?

I think my eyes are bleeding!

(But the books are very, very cute.)

angelfeet said...

Those covers are gorgeous (and the carpet is criminal).

Scrivener said...

OMG that carpet is terrible!